Green Pizza



My family loves pizza so I often make my pizza's from scratch and I try to find ways to feed my family something more healthier, and that's when I thought of the Brown's Green Pizza. This is also perfect for a Dr. Seuss day, Green Eggs and Ham, well how about Green Pizza!  My husband and I really enjoyed the salad topping on our pizza, you have got to try it. It was so delicious. Using the spinach and vegetables from your garden, even better!

For the salad recipe, Spinach and Feta Cheese salad

 I did not expect my kids to be excited about a salad topping on their pizza, so I made a regular pepperoni pizza with green sauce and they could not even taste the difference.


Green sauce. I put 2 handful of baby spinach in my magic bullet cup, then added Hunts tomato sphagetti sauce ( I would have used my home made spaghetti sauce but I have already run out) and a couple of spoonful of tomato paste. It depends on how much sauce you need. Add some basil and oregano if preferred, but since I am trying this for my kids, I did not want to overpower the tomato sauce.



The top picture shows you my first handful blend of spinach and sauce, then the bottom I added the second handful of spinach as I can only fit that much at a time. I added a bit more sauce and tomato paste. Other than the color, the kids did not realized their pizza was loaded with spinach. My oldest who is 7 says, "I knew there were spinach in there, but I ate it anyway. I could not really taste the spinach." I am one happy mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment